KT Comments

Monday, July 12, 2010

Steven Gerrard: Liverpool to Real Madrid?

I am not sure that this article taken from goal.com is totally legitimate, but it seems that Steven Gerrard is not going anywhere anytime soon. I am sad that at thirty years old, his value has lowered so much. Real Madrid wanted to pay only 20 million for him. They at least paid 30 for Alonso - and Gerrard is probably a better player. A few years ago, anyone would have easily paid 50-70 mil for Gerrard.

There is also a rumor that Xabi Alonso may move back to Liverpool. I hate these transfer rumors sometimes. Whatever happens, I hope they get to stay together. Even if that means Xabi will leave Real Madrid, I will be comfortable with Steven and Xabi wearing red together again.

Steven Gerrard looks set to remain at Anfield after Real Madrid deemed Liverpool's asking price too high.

Ernesto Bronzetti, a transfer consultant for the La Liga giants, has revealed that plans to swoop for the inspirational Reds' captain have been shelved due to president Florentino Perez's refusal to pay the £58million valuation due the player's age.

Bronzetti claims that the price tag for Gerrard, who turned 30 in May, does not represent good business sense to Los Blancos whilst dismissing reports that the club planned to offload Brazilian midfielder Kaka after a poor first season at the Bernabeu Stadium.

"Kaka will stay at Real, but the president does not agree with Gerrard because he is 30 and Perez doesn't want to know.

"Plus Liverpool asked for €70million."

1 comment:

DA said...

that is a funny picture of him

Post a Comment