KT Comments

Thursday, February 7, 2008

chinese new year

Happy New Year! I added Deb and Sue to the author list although Sue probably wouldn't post and Deb would just be annoying.

I made an appointment with the vet for Wednesday. It'll cost about $100 for my guinea pigs to get checked up. I really hope Ronnie isn't pregnant... but I kind of know she is. I just wish someone would tell me she isn't.

I'm screening people for guinea pigs adoption. I predict she will give birth to four. In that case I will give away a pair. I'll have to make sure of Guinnie's gender now... and then schedule a date to neuter Guinnie and all the boys Ronnie will give birth to. I'm so upset.


Today's China Town experience was horrible:

Deb and I walked into a bakery and this creepy old guy (with a long gray beard, eyes popping out, and hunch body) walked in behind us. We thought he was looking at the pastries, but next thing I knew, Deb makes a sound... he had pulled her scrunchy off her hair and then retreated to the doorway!

We were weirded out and went deep inside the bakery to a secure corner. We thought the creepy old man had left. Half an hour later... he came in, ordered a cup of coffee and sat at a table across from us. He stared as us the whole time! We got up to leave and he suddenly got up and left. We thought it was okay, so we sat back down. He came back a few minutes later and continued to stare at us. When we got up, he once again mimicked.

Once we left the bakery, we ran into Shanghai Bazaar. We went upstairs where we could look out the glass window to see if he had left. I hid behind a mannequin and I spotted him across the street, just standing still for five minutes, staring in the direction of Shanghai Bazaar's doorway. Within another few minutes, he moved across the street and entered the building.

Deb and I freaked! We told the ladies who worked there, but they just thought we were being silly. I ended up calling a few people for comfort... but as the creepy old man approached the second floor, Deb and I made a run for the stairs. We continued to run for another few blocks... running and running. I doubt the old man would have been able to catch up, but we kept running. It was so nerve wrecking.

We won't return to China Town anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment