The gate is locked. There is no real way to get into the playground. Part of me wants to leave, but you know...
We find the lowest rising gate and jump over. Great! Now that we're inside, what do we do? We look around for the swings. It's dark and eerily quiet. Disappointed, we try for the slides but they're wet (from rain?). We approach the sandbox and it's covered by some sort of sandbox covering mechanism. We lift the sheet up and observe the sand.
She says something like, You know this is how horror movies begin, right? I agree, feeling the rough grains of sand between my fingers.
Forensics, I think, but instead I say, I like dead people. She freaks out and commands me over the other side of the park.
I agree, and with my mini key chain light, I creep into the shadows. I continue the dumb-girls-who-scare-each-other-and-end-up-dead horror scheme by hiding behind a tree. She'll get worried and look for me, I think. I wait. And I wait.
I see a shadow behind a tree nearby. It's obviously her. I wait. She doesn't come for me so I walk to her. We see each other and laugh it all off.
She thinks I look scary when I talk in my monotone, serious, cynical way. I shine the flashlight under my face and apparently it's even worse. She points to a shed and tells me it's creepy. We investigate.
We walk really slowly now. We hold onto each other's shirts a little. We come closer and closer to the little shed in the playground. She yells, What was that? I don't know what she's talking about. She asks me if I shone my light on the shed. I did not.
She tells me that there was a small blue light shone on the shed. She is scared and so I explain it to her: Someone is always watching. We, as people, are always being watched. My eyes must have widened or something.
A police car goes by. We'll explore some other night.
Oh, the potential of the night. So much could have happened. I could have done so many things. The story is actually much longer, but I must sleep or study or something.

1 comment:
why do I feel like you're getting more life experiences out of college than I am?
I'm either working or doing homework. >.<
Post a Comment