Saturday, June 12, 2010
Neosporin
I accidentally gave myself first degree burn a few days ago and have been using Neosporin and cocoa butter lotion to aid in the healing process. I hear that cocoa butter is supposed to prevent scarring, so I hope it works. Neosporin is an antibiotic ointment that helps prevent infections.
While I was applying the Neosporin I found in my mom's room this morning, I noted the expiration date: Expires 07/2005. Yes, that was five years ago. How is it possible that my mother has something that expired five years ago sitting on top of her vanity? I really need to go through the medicine cabinet.
On the bright side, the burn seems to be softening and ready for peel. I am not sure if it is the cocoa butter or just the fact that I have been moisturizing the area like crazy. Regardless, what I am doing is working.


No comments:
Post a Comment